AN AIR QUALITY AWARENESS SYSTEM
The “Ballon Generali de Paris” is a partner of Airparif, an association responsible for monitoring air quality in Île-de-France. Thanks to its data, the balloon indicates to the Parisian population the state of the air they breathe in real time, on its website as well as on its envelope itself, thanks to 6,400 LED bulbs. By changing color, they indicate the level of pollution, based on the ATMO benchmark index.
THE LESS POLLUTING AIRCRAFT IN THE WORLD
The Great Tethered Balloon being inflated with helium and operating with an electric winch, it consumes no more than a lift. It does not make any noise and the instruments installed on board are also powered by solar panels.
A REAL FLYING LABORATORY
Partner of the CNRS since 2013, the “Ballon Generali de Paris” continuously measures the air quality from 0 to 300 meters above sea level using three devices installed on board of its gondola.
The LISA laboratory of the CNRS is carrying out numerous balloon experiments. In particular, he installed this device which continuously measures ozone and enables it to achieve unprecedented results.
This instrument was developed as part of President Macron’s “Make the planet great again” program. It measures the main pollutants: nitrogen dioxide, nitrogen monoxide, ozone and fine particles.
The LOAC, a unique instrument of its kind developed by the LPC2E laboratory of the CNRS, is equipped with a pump which sucks the air and a laser which projects the dust thus collected, in order to count them and to better understand their typology.
AN AIR DEPOLLUTION TOOL
Patented technology : the “Ballon Generali de Paris” cleans naturally by itself as many fine particles as a ground area of 100 hectares with no wind. With wind, the equivalent surface is at least 2.5 hectares. It is the first large-scale air pollution control system without the consumption of external energy!
A SELF-CLEANING AND DEPOLLUTING ENVELOPE
Thanks to a technology specially developed over the last, the tethered balloon envelope is not only self-cleaning but also neutralizes the equivalent of eight average daily trips by car between Paris and its suburbs, thanks to the effect of a photocatalytic stain.
A MODEL TO FOLLOW
The “Ballon Generali de Paris” is not the only one to have this air quality system. Very polluted, the city of Krakow also wanted to equip itself with a balloon with the same properties. The first in a long series to come. Join the movement!
Eco-responsible design and operation
Inflated with helium and powered by an electric winch, the balloon uses no more energy than a lift. It is silent and does not reject any pollutants.
The balloon is accessible to people in wheelchairs.
Bright at night
The Great Tethered Balloon can be fitted with internal lighting, so it can be seen by all, even after dark.
A customizable envelope
Use the balloon wrap to show off your brand. Aerophile allows the addition of customizable banners on all balloons.
- Total height of the balloon: 34 meters (111 feet)
- Envelope’s diamater: 22.50 meters (72 feet)
- Envelope’s volume: 6,200 m³ (200,000 cubic feet)
- Nominal lifting: 4,800 kg (10,560 lbs)
- Helium loss: less than 70 m³ per month (2,470 cubic feet/month)
- Useful pressure in the envelope: up to 900 Pa
- Made of composite materials and aluminium
- Exterior diameter: 5.80 meters (19 feet)
- Floor area: 13 m² (140 square feet)
- Weight: 850 kg (1,870 lbs)
- Diameter: 22 mm (approx. 0,9 inch)
- Resistance to breaking: 45 tons (99,000 lbs)
- Useful length: up to 300 meters (984 feet)
Remote winch house
- Dimensions: 4m x 2.2m x 1.5m high (13,1 feet x 7,2 feet x 5 feet height)
- Weight: 6 tons (13,200 lbs)
- Power: 45 kw
- Speed ascent: approximately 50m / min (164 feet/min)
- Speed descent: approximately 40m / min (131 feet/min)
Transport / Delivery
- To anywhere in the world in two standard 40-foot containers
- Clear circular area, 48 to 60 meters in diameter 45° aeronautical cone left free of obstacles